Monday, January 18, 2016

My Favorite Places

I have two favorite places in this world.  One I have a personal connection to, and the other is where I feel the happiest at.

My first favorite place is the beach.  It really doesn't matter to me which beach it is or where it's located.  One of my favorite hobbies is swimming and being outside feeling the sun on my skin, and the beach always provides that warm and happy feeling inside.  Of corse my favorite type of beach has clear blue water, and white sands to enjoy catching seashells, and building sandcastles, but as long as I have my butt in the sand and the sun on my skin, I'm in my one of my favorite places.

 
Pictures of the beach. Source: Google

My second favorite place is the church camp I attended growing up as a child.  This camp is located in Bridgeport, Texas, off the lake of Bridgeport.  I went to this camp for a total of 10 years, my first year was in the summer after third grade, and my last year was in the summer after I graduated high school.  This camp will always have a special place in my heart, because it saved my life.  I believe that this camp was God sent to me because during my third grade year my father passed away, and that year just happen to be the first year I was old enough to attend camp.  The people and experiences helped heal me from my lost over the years, and every time I get a glimpse of the old wooden cross at the top of a hill, with the lake in the background brings me peace, and reminds me that God is forever with me.

Personal photo of the Bridgeport Cross. Photo from July 2012. 

4 comments:

  1. How great that you have that connection to church camp for all of those years, Sarah: wow! That is something you will get to remember and feel connected to for all of your life, and I am sure it will give you strength in other hard times that will come your way. My brother passed away over 10 years ago, and my mother died last year, almost exactly a year ago: such hard times... and it's good to have a place and a faith to help you through times like that. And what a beautiful photo of the place! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think almost everyone, including myself, did a post about the beach for this topic but who can blame us? It really is a relaxing place to go with beautiful sites and I like that you included your church camp. I was on the staff of a summer camp as a counselor this past summer and it was a truly amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    I think that the beach is such a wonderful place! There is a certain nostalgic feeling I get when I visit the beach because it brings me the feelings of carefree days and sheer happiness without a worry in the world that I had when I was a child - it is easy for me to see why it is your favorite place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again!

    I must no agree with your love of the beach I dislike almost everything about it! The sand, ick. The water, salty. The waves, scary. I went on a trip to California where we went to the beach and I got my butt handed to me by some pretty massive waves. It has forever made me dislike the beach…

    I would go to Falls Creek when I was a kid and absolutely loved it! The atmosphere, the Lords presence, the people. It was a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete