Thursday, March 10, 2016

Week 8: Future Readings

I really enjoyed reading the Jataka Tales so I have decide to continue with that collection and read  Giant Crab, and the other Tales from Old India by Rouse.  I enjoy how they turn around these stories in a way that is fun for children to read! I also like that you can read these for free online!

The next option I looked at is a version of the Mahabharata. It was really interesting to me that the author Samhita Arni started this project when she was eight years old. I am excited to read this story and experience the epic's in a new way.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you want to use that book, Sarah! It is SO COOL. Go by the Library and check it out, and you will have it ready to read that way. Samhita Arni is at Twitter too, and she is so nice: if you have any questions as you read the book, you can contact her at Twitter and I am sure she will respond. She lives in Bangalore now, but she went to college in the U.S. Here is her Twitter address: Samhita Arni at Twitter.

    ReplyDelete