Saturday, February 13, 2016

Week 4 Reading Diary: PDF Ramayana


The Bridge
-I love how Rama is fighting with an army of monkeys and bears, to get to Sita.

Rama Attacks
-“..Of mind rather than matter..”   Interesting that Sita had counterfeits and vain illusions

Indrajit
-I like how night was the rakshasas’ time of strongest.  It was nice to read that the sons of Dasharatha were healed.  But they have it all wrong I still have faith that Rama is going to get back Sita.

Kumbhakarna
- I would not wan to wake the demon, and I can't believe that elephants couldn’t wake him up.  I don't like how he ate so much when he woke up.  And then it was so easy for Rama to kill him, so why is he just now being killed?

Hanuman and the Mountain
-I liked how they had labor done for the Monkey’s, because he knew that they were great help.  Wow, he just rooted the whole mountain because he wanted to.

Lakshmana and Indrajit
- They keep trying to convince Sita that Rama is dead to make her sad, but Sita isn’t dumb and if she knows Sita is dead she will want to be dead,

Ravana’s Lament
-I don't understand why Lakshmana slayes his son, and why would Ravana have revenge? 

Ravana and Lakshmana
- I like how he almost wins; nothing in this story has been easy so why should this be easy?  “But the love of the faithful brother is rarely found” this is a sad quote to me, brothers should always be faithful.

Indra’s Chariot
- Flashback to the beginning when the gods sent Rama to defeat Ravana,the battle continues.

Battle of Rama and Ravana
- It’s good to always make nice and friends with people, for example how Agastya meets Rama in the forest to help him in the final battle. 



Ravana’s Death
-Finally Rama is able to kill Rama using the Brahma-weapon.  I like how they used the word “expired” to explain his death.  All around the earth knew of this death, because even the winds congratulated him.   

Mandodari’s Lament
-I don't like how they are confusing us with Mandodari being like Sita.  I like how they refereed to Rama as the “Messenger of Fate”

 Sita and Rama
- Finally Sita and Rama will be able to be together again.  But of course it couldn't be a happy re-gathering. 

Sita Tested
-To regain her honor Sita wants to be tested, and she does this test by calling upon the fire-god to witness her fidelity to Rama

Pushpaka
-I think that's it’s cool that Rama and Sita see all the places they have been since the 14 years of exile.  They have missed a lot from each others lives, this way they can feel for each other. 

Rama and Bharata
-I love that the sandals were brought up at the end of this story, just in time for Rama to get his sandals and reunite with his brother, and what better way to celebrate than a Hindu festival!

 Rama Crowned King
-Finally Rama has become king after 14 years!


 Valmiki’s Hermitage

-Wow this is ridiculous that Sita is in exile again, why couldn’t it end happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment