Thursday, May 5, 2016

Reading Evaluation

What readings did you like best?
-My favorite reading was Ramayana.  I never thought I would say that because at first I really didn't get the story line at all. After reading it a few times and watching "Rita Sings the Blues" I started to understand the story and really enjoy it.

What reading diary strategies were most effective for you? 
-The best reading strategies for me is reading out loud. I have dyslexia and reading out loud helps me see where I have misspelled words.  Reading out loud also helps see where I have put extra words.  

What did you think of the overall balance between reading - writing - commenting in the class assignments?
-Once I got the schedule down of reading, and moving on to story tell, and then leaving feedback it was easy to balance.  Also with going to comment on others stories helped me in my story writing.  I believe that they all go hand in hand together.  

As you look back from the end of the semester, what advice about the reading do you have for students who will be getting started next semester? 
-The best advise I would give is to go into readings with an open mind.  I never expected to read some of these stories and truly start to like them.  If you aren't familiar with reading these type of stories it can be overwhelming at first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment