Sunday, May 1, 2016

Week 14 (Extra) Reading Diary: Lacknose

For my extra reading diary post I went with the story, Lacknose.  This story comes from one of my favorite books "The Giant Crab and other Tales from old India" retold by W.H.D Rouse.

Lacunose is about a lovely farmer who had an even lovelier garden.  I really like this story because first off it deals with a garden and LOVE gardens, and reading anything about them.  His garden was filled with all kinds of flowers with all the different types of colors you could imagine.  But the reason he was named Lacknose was because he had no nose.  When I first read this I was sad for the man. He could never smell how wonderful his flowers were.  There were three boys that wanted some his flowers.  The first two boys made comments about the farmers nose growing and the farmer didn't like this and thought that they were very foolish boys. The third boy was taught manners and respect of elders by his parents, and just asked politely if he could have some flowers.  The farmer was delighted at how polite the young boy was, and he decided to give him the nicest bunch of flowers that he had in his garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment