Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Relfections Post

When I first signed up for this class I read through different reviews over the course.  I read a lot of comments like "such a fun class" and "super interesting."  It was those comments that convinced me to take these courses.  Over Christmas break I was talking to one of my good friends and he told me that he had taken this class and that he really enjoyed it, so I was excited to get the course started.  I can't believe that the time has come and the course is already over.  This semester I realized that there are many more legends and stories to read out in the world than I thought.  My favorite stories were probably all the different Grimm Brothers stories that I read over the semester.  They were my favorite because they usually always read new facts about a fairy tale.  I found that I was a lot more creative than I thought I could be.  Storytelling was interesting once I realized that I could literally talk about anything.  Not only was it interesting but it was fun! The creation ass all in my control.  I think the most valuable take away would be the respect I have for other people’s cultures and stories.  I find it very cool that these types of stories are made by people who have a passion for storytelling.  For example the Ramayna.  The more I read about this the more I came to underatand the story line. One of the other things my friend told me about this course is that the instructor is great.  I couldn’t agree more, Dr. Gibbs was always so kind and very quick to respond to a question about an assignment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment