Thursday, April 14, 2016

Week 12 Reading Diary: Inayat. Twenty Jataka Tales

Week 12 Reading Diary The Twenty Jataka Tales by Noor Inayat


Reading Part A

The Monkey-Bridge
-"Sun-rays undisturbed" I like this description.  Of course a troop of monkeys were the ones eating the fruit off the tree, as they should be. I don;t like how the king just wanted to kill the monkey's.. why couldn't he just share? It was sad to see that the chief monkey's loved ones passed away, but awesome how the king felt for him and helped him.

The Guilty Dogs
-I really didn't like how the king wanted to kill all of the dogs. I love dogs and this upset me.

The Tortoise and the Geese
-This is a very common known story. I have run into it over and over again in different weeks.

The Fairy and the Hare
-What a cute little story about good friends and their adventure with a fairy.

The Golden Feathers
-This is another story I have read multiply times though out the semester.  I do really enjoy it because it teaches an important lesson. The mother should have not taken advantage of the golden feathers that were being handed to her.  We need to learn to appreciate and accept that we have enough.

The Young Parrot
-The parrots live in a silk cotton tree, I think that this is cool because I would have never put the two together.  I love a good story that ends happier ever after.

The Empty Lake
-I like how the fish had golden backs. This story reminded me of the story of Noah in the Bible.  God said he would never flood the earth again.  Just like the king was promised that the lake would never go empty again.

The Swans Kingdom
-How fun that there are different lakes with different colors.. very creative.  This story just keeps getting more and more creative.. drops of honey into the lake!

The Masters's Test
-Well right away I don't like the story because the king believes that because they deserve the money more than others then they can just take it.  That's what's wrong with the world theses days people think they are just in-titled to something or think they are above the law.  

No comments:

Post a Comment