Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Week 14 Reading Diary: Sita Sings the Blues

Last week I did a video instead of reading a story for the first time.  I really liked watching the video better because I was able to understand the story a thousands times better.  This week I decided to go ahead and do another video for my reading diary.

This week I started Nina Paley's film, Sita Sings the BluesThis is a full-length animated version of the Ramayana, focusing on Sita.  This reading diary is focused on Part B.


I am really enjoying all of this singing.  It is a great way to teach some people about the history of Ramayana.  It is so fascinating to see that some people have taken a lot of time to help create ways for interesting ways to learn.  These animations are just so interesting and beautiful at the same time.   I also like how it uses modern time in this film, for example San Fransisco.  Very cool that they combine the 14th century and this century.    

No comments:

Post a Comment