Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Week 14 Reading Diary:Sita Sings the Blues

Last week I did a video instead of reading a story for the first time.  I really liked watching the video better because I was able to understand the story a thousands times better.  This week I decided to go ahead and do another video for my reading diary.

This week I started Nina Paley's film, Sita Sings the Blues. This is a full-length animated version of the Ramayana, focusing on Sita.  This reading diary is focused on Part A.

First off I really like the animations in this video, it makes it fun!  This movie really helped me understand the story line and how people are connected.  I have read bits and piece of the stories that were discussed in part A.  It was nice to see it acted out and to put pictures to the actions I read.  Sometimes when I would read the story would be so out there strong I wasn't sure that i was understanding it.  For example when Sita is enchanted by the Golden Deer. It was cool to see that played out.

No comments:

Post a Comment