Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 13 Reading Diary: 7 Secrets from Hindu Calendar Art (Make/up)

For this weeks reading diary I went with something a little different.  Instead of reading and trying to decode what the story was telling I went with listening to some videos.  I watched Seven Secrets from Hindu Calendar Art.  This video is split up into three parts.  I just watched Part C videos for my extra credit reading.  Both of these videos came from Devout Pattanaik.


These two videos cover Devi's Secret and Vishnu's Secret Part 1.  I learned that the story of Vishnu-Devi is that a lusty ascetic chases her, and she beheads him. He repents and worships her.  Then he who seeks to dominate the Goddess can surrender to her. In other words, the one who chases desires can also submit to destiny. It was investing the way this guy relates to the real world of today.  He talks about how wealth create power, and power can become love that dominates and turns into affections or violence that can give away pleasure.  


No comments:

Post a Comment